- Low dust formulation for cleaner wheels
- No compromise on safety performance
- Covered by 50,000 KM warranty
TRW rear and front brake pads offer more safety, wider coverage and easier fitting. Our new COTEC friction coating can cut the stopping distances on new brake pads by up to 7 metres – so we’re making it standard. Plus, we’ll give you all the fitting accessories you need to fit fast, and 98% coverage, so you can serve almost any vehicle.
What is COTEC?
COTEC is a new friction coating developed by TRW that significantly improves safety after a brake pad replacement. The bedding-in process for brake pads normally begins with what’s called a ‘green behaviour’ period, when the friction co-efficient is lower than usual. Drivers can find it difficult to adjust to the difference in performance during these first stops. That’s why we developed COTEC, to enhance the safety of our brake pads even further. COTEC-coated brake pads cut stopping distances by improving the contact between the brake pad and disc, and the results outperform both our major competitors and original equipment.
Faster fitting of brake parts
Exceptional coverage for almost any vehicle. Each pad comes with fitting accessories and warranty. All this product innovation and enhanced safety is matched with great service quality, too. We’ll give you all the fitting accessories required to achieve a fast fit, and our 31,068-mile (50,000km) warranty will give you peace of mind and add value to your business.
Brake pads that meet the standard
All our brake pads meet the strict ECE R90 specifications that other aftermarket brands have to meet. But for TRW the testing doesn’t end there. We go further, adding shear strength testing during production control to ensure that the pad stays effective at any time. In short, TRW Aftermarket brake pads are tested to the extreme, both in the lab during production and on the road, just like original equipment pads, to meet industry standards. Then we test them harder, so that they meet our standards.
Another way that we reduce the bedding-in time on replacement brake pads to a minimum is by applying an advanced plate scorching process to original equipment standards. We heat the brake pad material to 600-700°C by pressing the friction material onto a heated plate. This heats the matrix of the friction material, allowing carbonization to occur to the first 0.5 to 1.5mm of its surface. This advanced scorching allows the evacuation of gases and resins, which are trapped inside the friction material at the mixing stage – and it’s much more effective than conventional brake pad scorching techniques.
Not all aftermarket suppliers scorch their plates to this advanced level – and some don’t even carry out the process at all. So, with TRW you can supply brake pads that offer both maximum safety and a more environmental product.
Less noise with TRW brake discs and pads
We work hard to eliminate noise and so TRW brake pads are fitted with high quality shims that act as a damper between the friction material and the brake caliper. And we use the same metal shim, held in place with special adhesive, that’s used in original equipment. Our friction components are not only tested in our NVH (noise vibration harshness) laboratories but also on the road – and we keep pushing the technology further. We’re now using a fibre glass material instead of rubber for the shims of our aftermarket brake pads. We even produce integrally moulded shims and a multi-layer construction for the maximum noise reduction in our new brake pads.
- We aim to ship orders within 1 business day of payment.
- Items are shipped from either Sydney or Perth warehouses depending on your location and stock availability.
- We use various couriers to ensure speedy delivery, metro orders are generally delivered in 2 to 5 working days, for country and remote areas allow 4 to 8 working days.
- All items shipped have free transit insurance for loss or damage while in transit. However it is the buyers responsibilty to provide a safe and secure delivery address and once an item is deemed delivered by the courier - either with or without signature, the transit insurance coverage ends and we do not accept any further liablity for items lost or stolen after the items have been delivered to your address.
- Post Office boxes or Parcel lockers; we cannot deliver brake rotors or drums and bulky items over 5kg to PO Boxes or parcel lockers, in these cases we will notify you if your item cannot be delivered to a PO box or Parcel locker and request a delivery address from you.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Proserv Auto Parts users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.